Right wing commentary on world politics from a man on a mission to prove that Conservatism transcends national boundaries. Thoughtful comments from people of all political persuasions are welcome and encouraged. Contact the blogger at elephantman.conservaglobe@gmail.com.

Sunday, August 07, 2005

In Memoriam: Peter Jennings

I am on the right side of the political spectrum, and I had my disagreements with ABC anchor Peter Jennings. However, Mr. Jennings did a lot to cement my interest in world politics. I have been addicted to current events for a long time; and when I was about ten, I was glued to "World News Tonight" every night. I didn't pick Jennings for any particular reason other than that my tube was tuned to ABC when I decided that I needed to start watching the news, but for some reason I could never switch to Brokaw or Rather. I have since stopped watching network news, and I haven't seen "World News Tonight" in years. However, I do credit Peter Jennings for contributing to my obsession with the news. You could even say that, in some convoluted way, this blog is the result of Peter Jennings' work.

Peter, we disagreed on a lot of things. But tonight I will put that aside to salute all of the good things you did for me and for everyone else who wanted to know what was going on in the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home