Right wing commentary on world politics from a man on a mission to prove that Conservatism transcends national boundaries. Thoughtful comments from people of all political persuasions are welcome and encouraged. Contact the blogger at elephantman.conservaglobe@gmail.com.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

I Love Ned Lamont!

No, you don't have to worry about this rock-solid conservative Republican jumping ship - I have no desire to see Mr. Lamont enter the United States Senate. However, I am very pleased with the results of last night's Democratic primary in Connecticut. Thanks to Lamont's victory over Joe Lieberman (my favorite Democrat), it is now crystal clear that the Democratic Party has been taken over by the radical left and that there is no room for those who do not toe the increasingly extremist party line. Joe Lieberman is a class act and a tremendous asset to the Democratic Party, yet he was tarred and feathered because he had the chutzpah to vote against the party line on one issue (Iraq). I disagree with Joe Lieberman on a vast number of issues, but I admire the fact that he is willing to stand up for everything he believes in, even if it's unpopular.

Hopefully, the Democrats continue to ostracize Joe Lieberman, because it will show just how far their obsessive hatred of Bush and his Iraq policy has caused them to fall.
I wish Joe Lieberman the very best in his quest for re-election and look forward to having him around for another four years. Whether I agree with him or not, it's nice to know that there are still a few independent thinkers in Washington who do what they think is right, even if it costs them personally.

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At Sun Aug 13, 10:53:00 AM MDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, you invite thoughtful comments, but much of your content is insulting to thoughtful people who don't happen to agree with you.

Here's a thought: trying being more accepting of people who aren't marching in lockstep with you down the toilet. Some of us might have something to say you could learn from.

 
At Sun Aug 13, 10:56:00 AM MDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and bob Beauprez is not the man you want as governor of colorado. I'm relaed to him -- he's bigoted and arrogant. Leaders are supposed to listen to the people who vote for them; he doesn't.

Look to the way he doesn't respect women, even in his own family.

You conservatives could learn a lot from the christ you purport to follow.

But since you've probably assumed that a lefty is writing this, you wont' listen. And you'll get the lousy governor you deserve.

The company I run was considering relocating in colorado, but now that we see what sort of politicians are springing up purportedly representing "bidness", we're taking our relocation to a place where people are tolerant and patriotic without being bigoted and sycophantic.

Colorado's loss.

 
At Sun Aug 13, 03:20:00 PM MDT, Blogger Adam Brickley, aka "ElephantMan" said...

Okay, let's deconstruct a few of these accusations:

1. Not respecting people who disagree with me: If you read my above post, you will notice that I heap praise on Joe Lieberman for standing by his beliefs, and I didn't just mean Iraq. I disagree with Mr. Lieberman on almost every issue except Iraq, but I still respect him. If you read this blog for any considerable length of time, you will notice that I do my best not to engage in personal attacks. Furthermore, I have on several occasions praised leftists when I thought that they were doing the right thing (Shimon Peres, Yulia Tymoshenko). I have even castigated conservatives for constantly poking fun at the Kennedy family's substance abuse problems.

2. You obviously seem to think that I am a member of the Christian right: I am a religious individual, and I am right of center; but I am NOT a member of the so-called "religious right", and I generally do not mix politics with religion. Furthermore, it is not hard to find evidence of my Judaic faith on this blog (although in all honesty, I will admit to being Messianic - meaning that I do believe that Jesus is the Messiah).

3. About Bob Beauprez: Any regular reader of this blog will note that I endorsed Marc Holtzman for the Republican nomination for Governor of Colorado, so I don't think you could accuse me of being a fanatical Beauprez supporter. However, I am committed to a better future for the Great State of Colorado - and I don't think that Democrat Bill Ritter is the man to ensure that Colorado's economy continues to grow. I believe in low taxes, the 2nd Ammendment, and not killing unborn babies - and that is why I will do my best to ensure that Bob Beauprez is elected our next Governer of my state.

Anonymous, I really do appreciate thoughtful comments and I urge you to continue stopping by.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home