Right wing commentary on world politics from a man on a mission to prove that Conservatism transcends national boundaries. Thoughtful comments from people of all political persuasions are welcome and encouraged. Contact the blogger at elephantman.conservaglobe@gmail.com.

Monday, March 20, 2006

PERSON OF THE WEEK - March 12-18, 2006

I was so consumed with the Belarussian elections on Sunday that I neglected "Person of the Week". So, without further ado....


Yeah, I know that a lot of you were expecting Milinkevich, but Luakshenko and his cronies made a bigger splash last week. In particular, Lukashenko gave us the weeks most interesting sound bite when he said he would "wring the neck" of protesters "like a duckling's". So, while I respect Alexander Mikikevich for his class in the final days of the campaign, Lukasheko's tireades about a conspiracy to overthrow him earned the title of Person of the Week.

P.S. Another reason that I didn't give the award to Milinkevich is that I am hoping and praying that I will be able to give it to him NEXT week, after he has brought the Lukashenko regime to its knees (I don't like giving it to the same person two weeks in a row.)

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home