Right wing commentary on world politics from a man on a mission to prove that Conservatism transcends national boundaries. Thoughtful comments from people of all political persuasions are welcome and encouraged. Contact the blogger at elephantman.conservaglobe@gmail.com.

Saturday, September 03, 2005

In Memoriam: William Rehnquist

Chief Justice William Hubbs Rehnquist
1924-2005


I will be the first to admit that I am not the best informed blogger when it comes to judicial issues. However, I greatly admired the way Chief Justice Rehnquist conducted himself during his years on the court. Aside from the fact that I agreed with many of his decisions, there is another reason that I respect William Rehnquist: I cannot recall him ever saying anything incendiary or overtly political. Instead, he kept his opinions to himself when he wasn't ruling on a case. As a human being, William Rehnquist probably had many personal opinions on the issues, but we only ever heard his thoughts concerning the cases before him. By respecting his position on the Court and not getting entangled in political issues outside of his jurisdiction, Chief Justice Rehnquist presented the perfect model of a rational and impartial judge. I can only hope that th President appoints someone just like him to fill his seat.

Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home