Right wing commentary on world politics from a man on a mission to prove that Conservatism transcends national boundaries. Thoughtful comments from people of all political persuasions are welcome and encouraged. Contact the blogger at elephantman.conservaglobe@gmail.com.

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Congratulations Cheif Justice Roberts! By the way, about those gold stripes...

First off, I want to congratulate the youngest Chief Justice in the history of the United States. After those confirmation hearings, I'm sure he'll do a great job.

Second, I applaud the Democrats in the Senate who voted based on qualifications, not ideology.

Third, I think that it would be really cool if Chief Justice Roberts made a tradition out of the stylish gold stripes added to the sleeves of the Chief Justice's robe by William Rehnquist. In an effort to persuade Mr. Roberts that he would look really good with the gold stripes, I have prepared the following image.



SNAZZY, isn't it?!

Yes, I'm feeling a little goofy today, but I am actually serious about this. I believe that having a unique robe for the Chief Justice is perfectly acceptable and I don't really understand why there wasn't some form of distinctive attire denoting the head of the court BEFORE Rehnquist added the stripes. Second, and more importantly, I think that it would be a slight blow to the legacy of Chief Justice Rehnquist for the next Chief Justice not to use the stripes in that it would make the late Chief Justice appear self-centered, which he does not seem to have been the case (based on Rehnquist's public behavior and judicial demeanor during the few years that I have actively watched the Court). Yes, this is a minor (if not superfluous) detail; but since there are so many blogs covering Roberts, I figured that it would be worthwhile (not to mention funny) to look at the situation fro a little different angle than everybody else.

Technorati Tags: John Roberts, Judge John Roberts, Chief Justice, Justice Roberts, Roberts, News, SCOTUS, Supreme Court, Politics

1 Comments:

At Tue Oct 27, 10:25:00 PM MDT, Blogger Ter said...

This post didn't age well. Roberts has not been good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home