Right wing commentary on world politics from a man on a mission to prove that Conservatism transcends national boundaries. Thoughtful comments from people of all political persuasions are welcome and encouraged. Contact the blogger at elephantman.conservaglobe@gmail.com.

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Ding, Dong! Zarqawi's Dead!

Abu Musab al-Zarqawi
1966-2006

Normally, I am not the type of guy who wishes death on anyone (although I firmly support the death penalty for convicted murderers). When Uday and Qusay Hussein were killed, I was relieved, but I was disappointed that they were not captured alive to stand trial. They should have payed for their crimes on Earth BEFORE they were dispatched to the deepest circle of hell. Zarqawi is different.

Abu Musab al-Zarqawi was one of the most evil men on the planet, and he needed to be taken out. Someone like that is not a person who you take great pains to capture alive, he is somebody that you get rid of as quickly as possible and at any cost. Personally, the thought of Zarqawi awaiting trial in the comfort of the Guantanamo Hilton sickens me (maybe I could stomach the idea if he was allowed to rot in an Iraqi jail instead, but Gitmo is way to good for him). While it would have been nice to see him drug before a court of justice in shackles, I am not at all disappointed with the way things panned out. Zarqawi deserved his grisly fate, and I'm happy that he got it. My only complaint is that I think that death might be too lenient of a punishment for such a monster. But then again, I'm sure that Hell is worse then anything humans could ever dish out.

Tag:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home