Right wing commentary on world politics from a man on a mission to prove that Conservatism transcends national boundaries. Thoughtful comments from people of all political persuasions are welcome and encouraged. Contact the blogger at elephantman.conservaglobe@gmail.com.

Monday, May 08, 2006

PERSON OF THE WEEK - April 30-May 6, 2005

To be perfectly honest, I really don't think that this was a terribly important news story. It really had no political implications other than the fact that it gives the conservative punditry yet another far-left Kennedy to make fun of. That said, it was about the most interesting thing that happened this week and it does illustrate that there are some BIG problems in out country's leading Democratic political dynasty. While I vehemently disagree with everything the modern Kennedy family stands for and am not sure that they are suited for public office, I do have to say that I feel terribly sorry for them as a family. As conservatives, I think that we should probably be praying for them rather than laughing at them. So, for forcing me to stop and think about all the times that conservatives like me have used Ted Kennedy and the rest of his family as the butt of jokes, Patrick Kennedy is ConservaGlobe's Person of the Week.

Note: This in no way means that I have any intention of lightening my criticism of Ted Kennedy and others on the left when it comes to their policy or other political matters. This blog will continue to call a spade a spade and will not sugarcoat the facts.

Secondly, if any leftist on a high horse thinks that this blog entry implies that conservatives are more mean-spirited than liberals, then I will be more than happy to detail a litany of situations in which the left has given the same (and often worse) treatment to George Bush, Dick Cheney, Condoleeza Rice, Donald Rumsfeld, Tom DeLay, Rush Limbaugh, and other conservatives.

. Tag:,, ,, , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home